Our history

logo_webb_2_vit.png

The donation letter

IMG_1114.jpg

History

And

Föreningsgården Ekolnsnäs is today managed by Uppsala University, which was founded in 1477. For the first 150 years after its founding, the university lived in cramped conditions. However, it turned around in 1624, when King Gustav II Adolf put his royal signature under a donation letter which in one fell swoop gave the university over 300 farms and a number of other fixed assets.

And

The donation was also the start of Uppsala Akademiförvaltning, although its current form did not come into being until the 1990s.

And

According to the donation, the property was administered until the Second World War when it became an orphanage for Finnish war children.

And

In 1948, the Association of the Disabled (DVF) took over the use of the farm as a camp site for disabled children and young people.

And

DVF eventually transferred to the Swedish Association of the Handicapped (DHR), which administered the farm until 2011 when the Handikappföreningarnas Samarbets Bod (HSO) took over the operation.

And

In 2015, the independent non-profit association, Föreningen Föreningsgården Ekolnsnäs, was formed with the aim of managing the farm for associations with functional variations in the county.

And

And

And

And

2017-08-24 15.48.40.jpg
2017-08-24 15.45.38.jpg
ekolnsnas%20gammal_edited.jpg
032s9XxwvZUJ.jpg